SSC CGL 2018 Syllabus, Exam date, Notification, Time table, Books, Age limit
Complete Details of SSC CGL 2018 Examination
- SSC CGL Examination – Syllabus for Trial 1
- SSC CGL Syllabus 2018 and New Exam Pattern for Tier 2, 3, 1
- SSC CGL Tier 1 & Tier 2 Cut off
- SSC (CGL/CHSL/MTS) Online Test
- Free SSC & Banking Online Test Series
- SSC CGL Books
- SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria & Age Limit
- SSC CGL 2018 Recruitment Notification
- SSC CGL 2018 Post Descriptions and Preference Order
- JOBS OFFERED BY SSC CGL 2018
- SSC CGL 2018 Admit Card
- SSC CGL Syllabus 2018
- How to Crack SSC CGL Tier I Exam in 30 Days
- 10 best tricks for cracking SSC CCL exam
- How to Prepare Quantitative Aptitude for SSC CGL 2018
- SSC CGL 2018 Exam Dates
- SSC CGL Application Form 2018 – Apply Online
- SSC CGL Selection Process 2017
- Most scoring section in SSC CGL tier 1 and tier 2 Examination
- SSC CGL Preparation Tips and Tricks
If you are a graduate and unemployed and looking for Government Jobs in India, then there is one exam, that offers, entry level paying Jobs in Central Government Departments and Ministries, and that is SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam 2018. Combined Graduate Level exam is abbreviated as CGL Exam and it is an All India Entrance Exam, for which Graduates can apply and appear.
To appear in this exam, you just need to be a Graduate. Since this is a Graduate Level Exam, therefore, it is an open opportunity for all the graduates of India.
1. About SSC
Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level Examination, often referred to as SSC CGL exam is an examination conducted to recruit staff to various posts in ministries, departments and organizations of the Government of India. It is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for selecting staff(government employee) for various Group B and Group C posts. The Staff Selection Commission was established in 1975.
Candidates applying for the numerous posts need to have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or must be in their final year of degree studies at the time of applying. Age of the candidate vary according to the post, and it varies between 18 and 32 years. The application fee for 2018 is Rs. 100. All women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying an application fee.
2. Various exams Conducted by SSC
SSC Conducts the following exams.
- (a) Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) for posts of Inspector in IT/Central Excise/Dept of a post, SI in CBI, Assistant, Divisional Accountant, Auditor, UDC, Junior Accountant, UDC etc.
- (b) Combined Higher Secondary level examination
- (c) Sub-Inspector in CPO (BSF,CRPF,CISF, ITBP,SSB)
- (d) Section Officer (Audit & Commercial)
- (e) Junior Engineers Examination
- (f) SSC conducted exams for recruitment to FCI, Prasar Bharati in 2013
Why must you appear in SSC CGL Exam 2018?
- 1) SSC CGL 2018 Exam, is the one for those, who are looking for Group B Jobs under the Central Govt Departments and Ministries. SSC CGL offers reputation along with High Perks and Salary.
- 2) Jobs through SSC CGL 2018 are High Paying and Reputed Jobs and even freshers can apply for these. As the 7th Pay Commission is now implemented, the salaries, are likely to be increased by 23%.
- 3) You must appear for the exam in 2018 because with every increasing year, the competition will increase, there be making it difficult to get the Government Job. The average, no. of students, who appear in the SSC CGL Exam, every year, from the Last 5 years ranges between, 12 lakh to 16 lakh.
- 4) In 2017, 30,26,598 applications are received for CGL Exam
- 5) The Jobs through SSC CGL 2018, comes with All India Service, means, you have to serve anywhere in India, there by giving you the opportunity to discover “Incredible India”
- 6) Chances of Promotion are much higher in these posts, and it is expected, that you will get promotion as Gazetted Officer in just a span of few years.
3. Posts under SSC CGL
Posts have been placed in two groups, Group – B (Posts for which Interview 3. cum Personality Test is prescribed) and Group – C (Posts for which Interview cum Personality Test is NOT prescribed), based on their Grade Pay and papers in Tier II examination/Interview. The pay scale for the posts under Group – B is Rs9300 – Rs34800 and for Group – C it is Rs 5200 to Rs 20200. Posts have been categorized into two groups based on the pay scale and the papers in Tier -II.
Post for which Interview cum Personality Test is prescribed:
- Assistant: For Ministry, Department or Office of – Central Secretariat Service (CSS), Central Vigilance Commission, Intelligence Bureau, Ministry of Railways, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), AFHQ, other Ministries/department/organizations
- Inspector: For CBDT, CBEC, CBI, Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue, Department of Post and Central Bureau of Narcotics
- Divisional Accountant: For Offices under CAG
- Statistical Investigator Group II: For Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation
Posts for which Interview cum Personality Test is NOT prescribed:
- Auditor: Offices under C & AG, CGDA, CGA and others
- Accountant / Junior Accountant / Upper division Clerk: Offices under C & AG, CGA, and others, Central Govt. Offices and Ministries
- Tax Assistant: CBDT, CBEC
- Compiler: Registrar General of India
- Sub Inspector: Central Bureau of Narcotics
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates
- 1) Date of Notification: March-2018 (Tentative)
- 2) Date of Tier-1 Exam: July / August 2018 (Tentative)
Note: We will update this SSC CGL Schedule, with the exact schedule once the Official Notification, will be announced.
Here is Our Detailed post on SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates. where, you will get to know, the most accurate schedule for conduct of CGL-2017 Exam.
4. Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must be either:
- (a) a citizen of India, or
- (b) a subject of Nepal, or
- (c) a subject of Bhutan, or
- (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the Ist January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- (a) Statistical Investigator Gr II: Max 32 years
- (b) Assistant in CSS / Tax Assistant(CBEC): 20 – 27 years
- (c) Assistant in IB: 21 – 27 years
- (d) Assistant Enforcement Officer / SI in CBI / SI in NIA: Max: 30 years
- (e) SI in Central Bureau of Narcotics: 18 – 25 years
- (c) All Other posts: 18 – 27 years
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- Physically Handicapped (PH) – 10 years
- PH + OBC – 13 years
- PH + SC/ST – 15 years
Age relaxation is also available for applicants in certain additional categories: Ex-servicemen, Central Government Civilian Employees, and Widows/Divorced Women/Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.
Candidate should note that the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate
- (i) Compiler: Graduation (Economics/Statistics/Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject).
- (ii) Statistical Investigator Grade – II: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University with at least 60% marks in Mathematics at the 12th standard level or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
- (iii) All other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
FOR POST OF INSPECTOR (CENTRAL EXCISE/EXAMINER/PREVENTIVE OFFICER)
- Physical standards (Minimum)
- Height 157.5 cms.
- Chest 81 cms. (fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cms.)
- Height relaxable by 5 cms. In the case of Garwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas and members of Scheduled Tribes
- Walking: 1600 meters in 15 minutes.
- Cycling: 8 Kms. In 30 minutes.
Physical standards (Minimum)
- Height 152 cms.
- Weight 48 Kgs.
- Height relaxable by 2.5 cms; Weight relaxable by 2 Kgs. for Gorkhas, Garwalis, Assamese and Members of Scheduled Tribes
- Walking: 1 Km. in 20 minutes.
- Cycling: 3 Kms. in 25 minutes.
THE POST OF SUB-INSPECTOR IN C.B.I.
- For men – 165 cms.
- For women – 150 cms.
- Height relaxable for Hillsmen and Tribals: 5 cms.
- 76 cms with expansion (There shall be no such requirement in case of female candidates)
- Eye-sight (with or without glasses):
- Distant vision: 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye.
- Near vision 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in another eye.
5. Scheme of examination
The CGLE is conducted in 3 Stages
- Tier – I Written Examination (Objective MCQ Type)
- Tier -II Written Examination (Objective MCQ Type)
- Tier -III Personality Test/Interview/Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test (Wherever Applicable )
|Part||Subject||Maximum marks||No. of questions||Time allotted|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 hours for General and 2hs 40 min for VH candidates|
- Tier I of the CGLE will be common for all categories of posts
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
- Questions will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice, set both in Hindi and English in respect of Parts A, B, and C.
|Paper number||Subject||Maximum marks||No. of questions||Time allotted|
|I||Quantitative Ability||200||100||Each paper 2 hours for General and 2hs 40 min for VH candidates|
|II||English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
Note: Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts. Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer
- The cut-off for the interview is fixed on the basis of total marks scored in tier-I & tier-II
- 1. For posts for which Interview cum Personality Test is prescribed, the Personality Test/interview will carry a maximum of 100 marks.
- 2. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): FOR THE POST OF TAX ASSISTANTS (Central Excise & Income Tax): The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test at 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes will be of qualifying nature
- 3. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules – Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.
6. Syllabus (Tier 1, Tier 2): Click Here
7. Previous year Cutoff
|Cut off marks of Tier I|
Tier 1 + Tier 2:
Cut off marks for interview posts
|Cut off marks (Tier I + Tier II) for interview posts (Other than Statistical Investigator)|
Cut off marks for Non-interview posts
|Cut off marks (Tier I + Tier II) for all noninterview posts only|