How to Crack SSC CGL Tier I Exam in 30 Days
How to prepare for SSC CGL, SSC CGL exam preparation books, SSC preparation books, SSC preparation, SSC exam preparation, SSC study material, CGL preparation, SSC english preparation, SSC CGL study material, SSC CGL 2018 preparation, how to crack SSC CGL, SSC CGL english preparation, SSC CGL preparation tips by toppers, how to prepare for SSC CGL 2018, SSC CGL preparation books, SSC online preparation, how to prepare for SSC, SSC maths preparation, how to crack SSC CGL in first attempt, how to prepare for SSC exam
How to Crack SSC CGL Tier I Exam in 30 Days: One month from now, the Staff Selection Commission will conduct SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam (Tier I) for the Recruitment Session 2016-17. Hence, proceeding further with a 30 Day SSC CGL Study Plan is necessary. For Tier 1 Examination, the syllabus can be broadly classified into four topics: Reasoning, English, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness. Wondering how you can ace SSC CGL Tier 1? Here is your 30-day smart plan of action for SSC CGL Tier 1. If you want to crack SSC CGL, we suggest you follow this plan with complete dedication.
30 Day Study Plan for SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination
- 1 30 Day Study Plan for SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination
- 1.1 Week 1: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
- 1.2 Week 2: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
- 1.3 Week 3: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
- 1.4 Week 4: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
- 2 Crack SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam – Few Important Points
- 2.1 Share this:
In a shocking turn of events, the exam date for SSC CGL Tier 1 was moved from the month of May toAugust 2016. Hence, the exam preparation window has increased significantly. Yet, it will be a smart move to prepare for CGL Prelims with ample time for revision rather than rushing through topics in the end. After 30 days, you may start creating the base for exam preparation of SSC CGL Tier II.
As all SSC CGL candidates must be familiar with, Tier 1 Exam has 4 sections.
|Name of the Section||Questions||Marks|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||50||50|
Tier 1 Examination will be attempted by candidates of each and every post. A few important points regarding SSC CGL Tier I Exam are as follows.
- The Exam will be bilingual in English and Hindi, except for English Comprehension.
- Total Time Allotted is 2 Hours (120 Minutes).
- The Time Duration for the Visually Impaired candidates is 160 minutes.
- The total number of questions and marks will be same, i.e. 200.
- Marking Scheme: Each Question carries 1 mark. 0.25 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
This will basically be a preliminary analysis of your aptitude and language skills. Firstly, here are some good resources that will help you prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 in the best way possible.
- SSC CGL Previous year Papers Solved (2-3 years)
- Subject- Wise Study Material (Reasoning, English, QA and GA)
- Subject Wise Sectional Test
- Model Test papers
Going through these is essential as you’ll get all the SSC CGL Tier 1 content under one roof and you don’t have to waste your time in searching books. Apart from this, some of the Recommended E-books are as follows:
- SSC CGL Complete Guide by Upkar
- SSC CGL Complete E-book by Upkar
- SSC CGL Complete Guide by Jagran Josh
If there are any doubts regarding the exam syllabus, please read our detailed article on that from the link below.
Once you are familiar with SSC CGL Tier 1 and Tier 2 syllabus and pattern, proceed to our week by week smart plan of action or study plan for SSC CGL Tier 1 Recruitment Exam 2016. Try to complete all the tasks assigned each week to s
Week 1: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
You can start with First Section for Week 1 with General Awareness Preparation. Some Key points for preparing for General Awareness Section are as follows.
- Focus more on static Portion.
- Read Current Affairs from last 1 month only.
- Try to cover the jest of Indian History (Medieval and Modern), Indian Geography (Physical), Terms and Theories of Economy, Polity and Basics of Constitution.
The other part of SSC CGL Tier 1 First Week Study Plan is
- Begin by analyzing Previous Year papers and try to find a pattern/ trend for Questions section-wise that have appeared over the years in SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination. This will give you an idea of which topic to focus and which important topic you’ve left untouched.
- Create a list of topics that are prepared from your side for Tier 1 Paper and compare them with the ones that are important and still untouched.
- Attempt a Mock Test and analyze topics you lack in or they need more time from your end for improving accuracy or approach.
Week 2: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
For this week, Dedicate 3-4 days towards Reasoning Ability Preparation. Key points here would be Focus on Visual Reasoning more, Syllogism and don’t focus much on usual reasoning topics that have a decreasing trend in numbers since SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam 2014 and 2015.
- Try to practice Caselets or sets i.e number of Questions that are based on a common theory like Sitting Arrangement, puzzle, vein diagram.
- Practice those reasoning and general intelligence topics which consume more time as reasoning can be mastered with practice only.
- Attempt Questions topic wise. You need to understand the type of questions each topic has.
- Now try a model test paper and see how much you have improved section wise in Reasoning as per time schedule and what is the % improvement in the complete test.
Week 3: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
Since you are well into half of the month of April by now, it is time to turn towards Quantitative Aptitude Preparation. Begin by focusing on uncommon topics like probability, trigonometry and DI.
- Practice Quant Questions topic wise as much as possible.
- Don’t start topics that are untouched and doesn’t appear too frequently in SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination.
- Practice and master Questions that appear in sets and Caselets like DI Questions.
- Focus on learning shortcuts to solve like learn squares and cubes of numbers up to 15, Vedic tricks to solve Simple maths. These tricks will help you manage time.
Week 4: SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan & Exam Strategy
For the final week SSC CGL Tier 1 Study Plan, you can prepare for English Section. Focus on Reading Comprehension, Sentence Improvement. These are the Questions are the ones which cover major portion.
- Candidates should concentrate on topics like One Word Substitution, Analogy, Antonym and Synonyms they will be highly prevalent throughout English Section.
- Maintain a separate notebook for all the important words, phrases etc. you collect while preparing for Tier 1 Examination.
You also need to schedule a revision session in this week as it is an essential part of the entire SSC CGL Study Plan.
Crack SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam – Few Important Points
We hope this study plan proves beneficial for you. You can also follow these pointers to crack SSC CGL in Tier 1 Examination.
- You just have to give as many mock tests as you can on daily basis.
- Analyze every mock test you appear for and see the improvements in terms of Time as well as accuracy. This will help you get a fair number of attempts that you can make in the real examination.
- Strategize your time as per the sections as SSC CGL Tier I score has been the key factor in the final selection. Don’t focus on just clearing the cutoff, aim for higher.
Now you are ready with all the essentials to be in the SSC CGL Tier 1 Merit List i.e. Time management, Section-Wise Topic Preparation and which section is your strength. We wish you all the best for the upcoming SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination (Tier 1).