How to Score More in descriptive type paper of SSC CGL Exam 2018
- Elimination of the interview component
- Introduction of tier 3 exam for descriptive type paper.
- Changing of the mode of examination for tire 1 and tire 2 from the conventional offline mode of examination to the online mode of examination.
- Treating the tier 1 as qualifying type paper.
- Changing the tier 1 exam paper and exam pattern as reducing the number of questions from 200 questions to 100 questions and increasing the mark allocated to each question from 1 to 2 mark for each question of tire 1 and reduced the time allocated from 120 minute to 75 minute.
- Read Daily newspaper: Newspaper is the best source of current affairs and GK information. First of all, subscribe to a best national Newspaper like The Hindu or The Indian Express and read thoroughly the different national issues and try to make your own note and opinions on that issue Daily. At least 1-2 hours you must have to devote to Newspaper reading. It improves your GK, Current Affairs as well as English Vocabulary. Try to read Editorial Section of the newspaper as well. It is very helpful for current affairs based essay writing.
- Reading Monthly Magazine: Magazines are the best source of descriptive type contents. There are few magazines like Yojana, Kurukshetra, or Outlook which contains various burning and sensational topic elaborated nicely. Make a habit to read each topic from this magazines and make your own arguments on those topics and practice writing yourself.
- Clear your Grammatical doubts and Improve Vocabulary: Since the type of the paper is conventional type so wring good English is very essential to score in this Paper. If you make grammatical mistakes in your writing then improve your grammar so as to minimize mistakes. If you a good thinker and write good content but posses grammatical mistakes in the writing in your content will not be perceived by the examiner and thus will hamper getting higher marks. Buy good quality Grammar Book and try to improve your English grammar well as Vocabulary.
- Practice Writing Daily: You will be able to express and write quality content only through practicing writing daily. If you are poor in the content of an essay topic and not able to write properly about the topic then don’t worry just start practicing writing and try to include few important fact about the topic searching form Google. Practice as much as you can, it is sure that you will be able to write quality content Soon. Practicing writing also speeds up your witting speed and also increase your confidence level.
- Change Your Habits: One of the most important elements of any exam paper preparation is changing non productive habit to Productive habit like watching English movies, English news channel, playing Word rush game, chatting in full English sentence instead of using Short forms of words with your friends, discussing current issues with friends, debating with friends etc. This will help indirectly to improve your English as well as perspective on different issues and thus help to be qualified for the examination.
- Managing Diary: Diary writing is also very helpful to improve your writing skill. you have a habit of writing diary then continue it but try to write in the English language.
- Mock Tests: This is the final strategy for your preparation. Try to give the mock test as much as you can and get evaluated your answer sheet by experts. It will help you to identify your weak as well as strong areas and thus you can take necessary action to improvise your weak areas.
- Create your Own Writing Template and Structure: Last but not the least we want you Suggest you that make a good layout and template for essay writing or letter writing or Report writing. The essay is not only about elaborating the things in details but also how you able to express the content in a flow, how you structure your content to give a proper flow of information. Thus always try to start your essay writing with a quotation or with a small story, which plays an important role to attract examiner mind toward your content.
We hope this post will be helpful somehow to all the SSC CGL Aspirant. If you make habit of reading contents and newspapers and practice writing daily, then it is damn sure that you will easily be able to write good content. All the best for your Upcoming Examination. We wish you all success.