Then you are redirected to the correct page. Here we will provide you the complete guide and best tips and trick section and Topic wise to crack CGL examination. We will also help you how to make smart strategies and plans for SSC exam preparation. And thus you will be benefitted surely through this post. We hope that you will be able to make preparation plans and strategies Topic and section wise and will qualify the SSC CGL exams easily.
In our previous post we have given brief descriptions about SSC examination and all the exam patterns , Syllabus details and pre and post work requirements for preparing and qualifying the SSC CGL examination. If you are visiting first to this page and not visited our previous post then it is advised you to please visit our First post written for SSC Exam preparation tips. Click below to Visit.
How to Prepare for SSC CGL Examination: 8 best Tips to crack CGL Examination.
In this second post in smart preparation for SSC CGL Examination we will provide you CGL exam preparation Guide topic wise and Section wise. Here we are going to focus mainly on how each topic can be prepared to score more in the examination. We will also give Section best preparation strategies and to do lists. Go through the posts.
Dear SSC CGL Aspirants,
We again want to inform you that SSC CGL is the most popular graduate level examination conducted by Staff selection Commission of India. Through this examination various Gazetted and non-gazetted officers are recruited to fulfil the vacancies in various Central government departments and offices. The minimum required qualification to apply for this CGL examination is Graduate degree in any discipline from any recognised university or Institute. Employees through CGL examination are recruited in two different pay scales i.e. pay Band 1 and pay band 2. Though the pay scales are different for both the grades but there will be a common written examination. Depending upon the rank and preferences given by the candidates during the registration process candidates will be provided the respective ssc cgl posts.
Before proceed to the topic and section wise exam preparation tips you must have a brief knowledge about the cgl exam, cgl syllabus and exam pattern. SSC CGL examination 2016 has released notification on February 2016 and the online registration process is already over. The tier 1 examination will be held on august 27 2016. Check ssc cgle Exam notification 2016 and exam syllabus and pattern in following link
- ssc cgle exam 2016complete Notification
- ssc cgle 2016Complete Exam Pattern and Syllabus
How to prepare for ssc cgle written exam 2016?
This time staff selection commission has notified that the examination will contains 3 tiers, in which tier 1 and tier 2 is computer based examination and tier 3 is descriptive type written examination containing essay/ prices / letter writing and there will be no any interview component in the examination. The overall merit list will be prepared on the basis of performance in all the tiers. Again it is notified that tier 1 examination will be of qualifying type computer based online examination. Thus this is very good news for all ssc prepstudents. But bad news is there may be a huge hike in the cut off marks in both tier 1 and tier 2 examinations. The expected cut of marks for SSC CGL 2016 may go higher than last year. There are lacks of candidate throughout India applying for the ssc cgl posts and thus competation level will be very high and candidates need a good ssc prep plans. The ssc preparation tips for cgl ssc topics and chapter wise is given below:
SSC CGL Preparation: Section wise
Tier 1 examination is fully multiple choice examination and this time as per notification issued by staff selection commission tier 1 will be is treated as only qualifying type examination. Thus candidates need to prepare in such a way only to qualify in the examination as well as need to score reasonable high because the final list is prepared on the basis of this exam . The exam paper contains four sections and each section contains 25 questions and each question carries 2 mark thus total mark for each section is 50 marks, so the total marks allocated for tier 1 examination is 200. Through there are four section in the cgl tier 1exam, there is no any sectional cut off marks but over all cut off mark for tier 1 tier 2 and tier 3 will be there. Candidates have to qualify in overall obtained mark basis. Let’s go in depth of each Section and topics to have good preparation plans.
The four sections of the cgl teir 1 exanimations are
- English Language and Comprehension
- General intelligence and Reasoning
- General awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
Whereas SSC CGL tier 2 examination contains 2 papers namely
- English language and Comprehension
- Quantitative Aptitude
Each paper is of 200 marks and contains 100 questions in each.
Tier 3 will be a descriptive type English paper containing essay writing, precey writing and letter, report writing.
Each section of ssc cgl tier 1 examination and tier 2 examination as I have mentioned above is very important and carries equal marks in the examination. Thus you have to prepare equally for each section. Whereas two sections Quantitative Aptitude and English Language & comprehension are common for both the tier thus they need more focused preparation in order to qualify in the examination. Thus you need to give more emphasis and more preparation time for those two sections. The Section wise prep strategies are given below.
English Language & Comprehension ssc preparation tips and tricks for ssc cgl:
English language and comprehension paper is 25 questions and thus marks allocated in this section is 50 marks and thus weightage of this section for tier 1 exam is 25% in the cgl ssc tier 1 exam paper. Again since this section is very important for Tier 2 also thus you need a good preparation and study plans for this section to score high. Few smart preparation strategies, preparation tips and to do lists for increase your English language knowledge is given below:
- Read Daily English New papers, English Magazines, trending news articles and read good English novels. The best English newspapers are The Hindu, Time of India and Magazine includes Economic times, India today etc.
- Buy a best English Grammar and comprehension and clear all grammar section which is asked in the examination. Remember all the grammar rules for tense, error spotting Voice change, narration Change, tag question and all.
- English News and English Movies are the best way to practice to increase your English knowledge. While watching movies and news in the TV always watch English channel even though if you don’t understand. After hearing much time at least you will be familiar with English words and sentences.
- If you are mobile game lover then play Word Rush game and play English puzzle solving games in your smart phone. It is a good way to use time for both fun and learn purpose.
- We Indian people love Hindi song and we are crazy to hear songs. We spend 2-3 hours daily hearing song. I have smart tricks for here and learn English. Always try to Hear English Songs as much as you can and English news and stories in your mobile. It helps great way to improve your English language.
- Keep a small dictionary with you all the time or if you have smart phone then download Oxford or any best online dictionary so that you can search any unseen and unknown word meaning at any moment.
- Learn daily 5-10 new English words. In this regard student have a wrong concept that they just by heart word meaning. This is wrong way to remember the word meaning. While reading daily newspapers or magazines figure out few unknown words and search for meaning and analyze how these words are used in the sentence. Try to reuse those words in day to day activities and talking with friends. If you follow this process you can easily remembered those words and will never forget.
- If you find any daily used important English word then immediately search for its synonym and antonyms in dictionary and use the words in your daily talking’s.
- Another good practice that any SSC CGL aspirants have to follow is talking in English with your friends in usual talks, in phone gossiping and in all the talking activities and try to use both antonyms and synonyms of all used words.
- We love to chat in what’s app, Facebook, hike and all other social cites and we generally preferred short cut words in chatting; isn’t it? But it is not good practice from English learning point of view. The good practice is to enable the mobile Dictionary On in your smart phone and trying to type the complete words by yourself so that you can learn English correctly.
- Practice English grammar as much as you can to Improve English Comprehension and grammar. Read Essays read articles and read similar meaning word and more. The more you practice the more you learn.
- Download previous year question paper and do mock test daily at least one paper.
- Time management is the most important key of success in any competitive examination. During examination try to solve English section first since this section comparatively easy to solve and consumes less time. Don’t touch the questions which are unknown to you.
- Revise all the touch topics as much as you can. Revision makes easy to solve even the harder sections and questions.
General intelligence and reasoning preparation tips and tricks for cgl ssc exam:
General Intelligence is one of the important sections for ssc cgl tier 1 written examination. There are 25 questions in this sections and total mark allocated to this section is also 50 marks. Thus the weightage of this section for cgl tier 1 exam is also 25 % .The questions for reasoning section are so prepared as to check the general intelligence and mental understanding and IQ level of the candidates. In general questions from reasoning section are not so much touch in nature. But to solve the questions it takes time and thus you need few short cut tricks and tips to speed up your question solving capacity. Questions are so set that if you are provided more time to solve reasoning question you can easily solve all the questions but in fix time or in shorter period of time solving reasoning question is the challenge and to accept the challenge you need good preparation strategy and plans. Preparation plan required more practice, learning short cut techniques and tips tricks for each topics of reasoning. In this section of this post we are going to mention few reasoning question preparation tips and shortcut tricks to solve reasoning questions.
- First thing for Reasoning preparation is selecting best Reasoning books for preparation which containing a lot of questions.
- Buy or have a note book or diary book so that you can write every short cut tips and trick you discover during preparation and solving and reasoning questions. Use shortcut trick every time you solve any reasoning questions.
- The answer of each reasoning question lies in the question. So while solving try to read clearly and deeply each question. There are various data required to solving reasoning questions are generally given in the question only. Try to extract those data’s and use effectively for solving the questions.
- Download previous year question papers and try to solve reasoning as much as you can. The more you practice the reasoning the more your mind will be opened up.
- Note down each tips and trick topic and type of question wise to solve critical and analytical reasoning. Visit blogs and forums to discover shortcut tricks. Of make your own tricks to solve.
- For mobile game lovers now days there are range of mobile games for fun. I recommend you to play puzzle games in your Mobile instead of playing stupid games.
- You can also utilize your time for preparation playing IQ games in mobile or tablet or PC.
- While reading newspaper solve Sudoku of always. It will increase your thinking capability
- Another important think to increase thinking capacity is playing chess with your friends.
- There are few questions are asked from 3D visualization. Try to improve your 3D visualization. Imagine the object around us viewing 3 dimension while taking rest or while sleeping
- Improve Direction Visualization. Every year cgl paper contains 1-2 direction puzzle questions
- Practice to Blood relation puzzles. Play blood relation asking games with friends.
- To solve mathematical number series reasoning you required few fundamental mathematical formulas. Memorize all fundamental mathematical formulas of secondary levels to solve mathematical reasoning.
- Memorize square and cube of number up to 30. e.g square of 9 is 81 and 13 is 169, square of 25 is 655 and so on. This will help you to quick solve of mathematical reasoning.
- Also Memorize Square and cube roots of numbers up to 30 or even more. e.g square root of 625 is 25. It will also help you to quick solve of number series reasoning.
- There is various question covered form English letter positional reasoning. Try to memorize positions of all the letters like letter ‘e’ has a position 5 and ‘w’ is 23, z is 26 etc. By heart “EJOTY” this have positions as 5,10,15,20,25
- Note down the important topics and frequently asked topics from previous year question paper and try to solve as much as you can from those topics. few important topics are Analogy, Coding-decoding, Word-Number series, Symbolic operation, Classification, Blood relation, Social Intelligence, Number series, Word building, Van Diagram etc.
- Exam time planning is very useful for scoring high in tier 1 examination. In Exam don’t stick too much in a single reasoning question. It is very dangerous that reasoning questions seems very easy but sometimes it is quite tricky and difficult to solve instantly. So it’s a advice to you that if you not able to solve any reasoning question in single attempt then leave the question for future review and don’t stick to much. It will eat your time and yes time is more important in any competitive examination.
- Spend 2 hours daily for reasoning preparation. The more you practice the more you will learn.
- Reasoning preparation guide topic wise: Click here
General awareness and general knowledge preparation tips and tricks for SSC combined graduate level exam:
General awareness or general knowledge is another important section of ssc cgl Written examination. There are 25 questions in this section and since each question carries 2 mark so the total mark allocated to this section is 50 marks. And also the weightage of this section is also 25 % in ssc cgl teir 1 exam. There are two section of current affairs and GK namely static gk and Current affairs gk. Ssc cgl gk questions are asked mainly from static gk sections and very less questions from current affairs or current awareness. This is the only section where formal preparation will not work. Current affairs questions includes all the latest happenings in all the field including sports, politics, economics condition, entertainments, trending news, science and technology and all other current GK from every field of our day to day life. Static GK section includes questions from all the general sections of HSLC or Secondary level syllabus like History, geography, Politics, economics, science, environment, sports, who’s who, top 10 in every field and many more etc. Thus to score more in this section you need a good preparation plan. And one funny thing is that here concepts and ideas will not work out. The more things you able memorized the more you will score in the Examination. Few Tips to Increase your GK and general awareness is given below:
- Read Daily English newspaper and Monthly magazines. And note down any important news or happening you got from daily newspaper or magazine. This type of note will be helpful for final time revise. One more thing is that reading English newspaper will help you to prepare for both English and general awareness section.
- Watch English new channel in TV. This will also benefit you in both the ways i.e. for English preparation and GK preparation.
- Watch Discovery and National Geography. Daily it will increase you science general knowledge.
- Follow best static GK book. Buy best GK books from the lists of GK book and read them in regular basis. The more you read the static GK the more you will learn. I have listed Best GK books for SSC CGL Preparation,visit to buy best gk book.
- There are various android games are available now a days for Static GK. Playing GK games on mobile will help you for GK preparation along with a lot of fun and good utilization of time.
- Like Facebook pages and website pages to get latest GK updates on Facebook.
- Since scoring in GK section and solving GK questions are very easy and less time consuming thus give more to prepare for GK section. It will save your time during examination and also give you more score.
- During examination try to solve GK section first since this section is easy to solve and quicker to solve.
- Prepare for all the static GK sections smartly. For History preparation tries to remember the happening in sequential manner and make story of all significant happening.
- For preparation of Geography buy good and details pictures of World map, India map and other regional maps. This will help you to remembers the locations of states and countries and help you to get geographical ideas. Pictures are better to remember
- Revise as much as you can. The more you read the more you learn.
- MCQ GK preparation guide for static GK : Click here
Quantitative Aptitude preparation tips and tricks for SSC combined graduate level exam:
This is the fourth section for ssc cgl tier 1 exam and 2nd section for SSC CGL tier 2 examinations. In tier 1 examination there are 25 questions will come from this sections and thus total mark allocated in this section is 50 marks. In tier 2 examination Quantitative Aptitude has a single paper of 200 marks and this paper contains 100 questions where each question carries 2 marks. Thus this section is very much important from both tier 1 and tier 2 cgl exam point of view. This section is comparatively tougher and more time consuming than any other section. To score high in this section you need more practice and more preparation. There are several topics in quantitative aptitude and thus to score more you need trips and tricks for each section. The preparation strategy for Quantitative attitude is given below:
- First thing is you need a good preparation book for quantitative aptitude preparation. Buy best book from this link.
- Have detail knowledge about quantitative aptitude syllabus and point out your strong and weak areas in this section. There is a huge syllabus for quantitative aptitude and all the sections many not be of your interest or may be difficult for you. Thus list out the areas where you are strong and the areas which you thing tougher for you
- Make chart for all the required formulas, Fundamental theorems and memorize them so that you can easily use the formulas wherever and whenever required. If you find difficult to memorized the formulas by reading only then use different methods like writing many time, or making chart and pasting in the wall or making wall paper in laptop or mobile and any other way you can opt.
- Make daily plans and timetable for topic wise preparation. Divide all the topic day wise and prepare them. Give more time to prepare for week areas and less time for strong areas.
- Note down shortcut trick for each topic and memorize them. This will help you to farter solving of the questions
- Memorize Squares, cubes, square roots, cube roots for commonly used numbers. You can memorize square and cubes of numbers up to 40 and same for square roots.
- Download old question paper and practice as much as you can. The more you practice the more easily and quickly you can solve.
- Do mock test in regular basis. Mock test will help you to increase solving speed and also help you to do time management.
- During examination try to solve other section first and Quantitative aptitude in last since this section is more time consuming.
- Read the questions carefully while solving any questions. People does mistakes due to less and improper reading of question before start solving.
- Don’t spend too much time for a single question. If you get a little difficult to solve any Quantitative aptitude question just leave it and do another question.
- Don’t guess and answer if you don’t know the answer. It may reduce your obtained mark since the exam contains negative markings.
- Quantitative preparation guide chapter wise. Click here
“If you like this post and is helpful to you then Please do share with your friends in Facebook or twitter. Like our Facebook page and do comment for any suggestions, queries and for any good words for us. Your comment is valuable for us to make improvements. Thank you for your Visit.”